Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad:
Skunked. Four hours of fishing worms, eggs, lures, waxworms, powerbait and the tackle box from shore and got nothing but one stick fish. Talked to several people and it sounded like it was hit or miss. People that say they never been skunked there got skunked and some people landing a few but slow.

:mad:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wish I had your luck. I was there monday and used everything but the dynamite lure.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It wasnt busy when I got there but by the time I left it was getting packed. It was my first trip to rampart. Last year I did somehow make it to nicholas did good for the first trip in Colorado but I dont think I will be making that hike down there again for a while.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Last year I caught a 2lb bow. Talked to a few people that say there is some good size fish but its on [email protected]#$of walk down to it. It has some deep water but I dont think you can get any type of water craft to it. 1.5 miles down hill and 1.5 miles back up and they wont let you use the access road. That is what the ranger told me. Walk the path and stay off the road.

·
Registered
838 Posts
You are relying on holdovers down there. It wasn't hit real hard last year so your chances of getting into some nicer trout are good this year.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts