Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
They hit most of the Denver and Boulder fly shops in two days...very professional from what I have heard...

·
Registered
541 Posts
Professional? Maybe. But they underestimate the power of the Colorado fishing community. This ain't New York... ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
For every man that works hard all day to bring home the dollars there are some dirt bags that think all day long how they can produce money and not work at all. Losers. I would love to grab them around the collar.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Took about two week to catch the last guy, I give this one about the same time
Digital America is sways caught on camera

S

·
0 Posts
I went ahead an put a post on the Chicago fishing forum today, 815 is an area code for northern illinois. Hopefully those folks may come up with something and maybe recognise these a-holes.

Are you retailers able to track or put some of the bar codes of the stolen items on alert ? Is there a way to flag the items thru the sales computer systems in case they try to return or exchange the items for cash at another shop ?

·
Registered
511 Posts
This makes me think about security in the local shops. Why do those expensive rods need to be where anybody can pull it off the rack and wiggle it around. Do customers ever break off the tips; what happens then? Couldn't fly rods be secured to the wall with some sort of lock and then a store employee can take it down for the customer and keep an eye on it?

Charlie's and Trout's have their reels locked up, great idea. How much can you learn about a reel by picking it up and spinning it without an employee there to answer your questions and monitor security.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I hope they get caught. Went into anglers all yesterday, seems wierd that this **** happens in fly shops. Fly shops are ran by some of the friendliest people, very sad that these lowlifes have to hit the fishing community.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts