Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you have a 20 inch monitor because it is going to fill it up!...Its a whopper!...stand back!!...and way in the background there are leaves on the trees so it is authentic!...as he waits for the one glove Michael Jackson abuse...one of the little buggers got me the other night...I no longer make that mistake...especially after the story last year in the Post where the retired fisheries biologist got stung at North Sterling I think and almost lost his arm from flesh eating bacteria...I think it was...BUT IT IS A MASSIVE DANnel CAT!!!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
That, my friend, is one fine channel cat...

Im more impressed with your hand though--- if that cat is at least 35 inches long your hand must be huge.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You know what they say...

BIG hands...

BIG gloves!...

::)

·
Registered
164 Posts
zman that is heck of a fish, i know where your standing haha next to that concrete structure on the dam, the water has gotten pretty low over there. did i tell you i caught my second pike out of harriman the other day? a good price to pay because five minutes later, hung my favorite panther martin in the rocks and lost it.....

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Rottal said:
Im more impressed with your hand though--- if that cat is at least 35 inches long your hand must be huge.
LOL!

Lemme see... gotta put that on my list...
A pair of welding gloves for picking up giant catfish...

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought that was you...I was going to ask but I thought you were a lot taller the first time...

Your pike swam off unharmed...wiser for the wear!...

·
Registered
164 Posts
holy cow i was afraid to ask too, didnt even reconize you. that was a monster pike huh?bet you were like  :eek: lol! there has to be a good population going at harriman ive caught three so far, im glad someone on here saw it, and thanks for the help i didnt want it to die that would of been a waste of a good fish in a few years, ive also seen a huge one chasing my lure this morning as well........ i think i need a bigger panther martin lol

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Try some floating Rapalas...a friend of mine has caught a couple of bigger ones on them at Harriman...nothing huge though...I have been throwing some huge Mepps Bucktails...size 6 while walking the dam but I havent had any interest on something that big...I didnt say anything because I know you havent been around much...so I wont make the mistake again...I am just glad we were able to get it out...and he swam off ok...it is amazing all those teeth missed your line somehow...I thought about taking a "Dan" shot off him...since he was smaller than the DANnel Cat I caught there...

·
Registered
164 Posts
he definantly was small haha i wasnt even going for them actually, i was bass fishing they always seem to get me when im bass fishing, i think im going to throw some rapalas next time, can you give me some suggestions with what #test line i can use and what color/size rapalas are good for bass and pike? im really new to this pike thing. thanks a bunch zman

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
I feel that I should be offended. But I also know that poor, insecure and inept fisherman try to make themselves feel better by poking fun at those who make them feel insecure.

Zman if you wish to get a star on the ColoradoFisherman.com Dock of Fame you need to do better than that. I think I will go fishing in the next couple of nights and show you how to catch small fish on big hooks!

Dan

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Heck I'm the one who caught him...not you...actually I have caught three just like him in the last week!

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Though I try and try, I can not keep up with you guys, I am begining to realize I am dealing with true masters. Here is personal best (smallest) from Green Mountain. When I caught it I thought it was no bigger than the lure, the darn camera makes it look bigger than it was!

Terre

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
That fish is actually 27 1/2 inches long, TALO just likes to fish big hardware...he doesnt mess around.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Am I confused isnt he a she?

Must be trolling hard to cast a spoon that is 19.5 inches longs and weighs 2.5 pounds...

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
And Gezz,

I know it's bigger than some of the fish you guys catch, but I thought I was smaller when I took the picture. I did not measure it, but I'm guessing it was about 8-9". Not too bad for a laker, it wasn't really hooked either (a bonus point), it more or less got its mouth stuck wide open on the treble hooks.

Terre

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
zman-
Nice fish -- I'm betting you are glad you left your protective glove on while handling that monster.

TAL-
Just look at the damage that giant laker did to your spoon. Now that bad boy had some teeth!

It all makes me more proud to be associated with this site. Collectively, we have seen some of the most massive fish to ever come out of Colorado waters!

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
zman said:
Am I confused isnt he a she?
is she a he or he a she?

sounds like a bad Dr. Zuess rhyme...

anyways, so sorry and 1,000 pardons if "he" is a "she".  everyone looks the same on this board to me... ;)

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'm betting you are glad you left your protective glove on while handling that monster.
...actually I had a little one squirm last week and got me good...I decided heck with it and went to the wussy man glove...but atleast now I dont have to worry...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts