Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
RE: First Freeze

Does anyone remember when Williams Fork froze over last year? November, December, or ????????

·
Registered
765 Posts
December- Jan. is a great time to use egg sacks at this lake. The macks are still looking for koke eggs at that time. Have caught a bunch of them using this method at various points on the lake. the old tube jig with sucker meat works well too. the bite is usually very soft. As soon as you feel anything or even notice your line go slack set the hook.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Had a day at Williams Fork last year where I drilled 20 holes over an area and caught tons of Macks out of just one hole, even when I drilled to more within a couple of feet!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am looking forward to fishing Williams Fork more this year. Went there twice last year and it was great!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I usually walk aways down from the boat ramp, on the east side of the lake. 40ft. down, mostly on 4in. white, tube jig with sucker meat. Lots of 18-20inchers, biggest went 34in. on Super bowl sunday!

·
Registered
935 Posts
Love the location and the fishing. Wish the snow didn't accumulate so deep on the ice. When you're on foot, it's tough to go far on on the WFR. I fished within 1/2 to 3/4 miles from the boat ramp when I went there last winter, as a result. Would like to fish further North on the lake this year, but if the snow is deep will have to find someone with machines to get there with.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Anyone know if they are allowing snowmobiles or atvs this year? I thougt that in years past they were not letting them on the ice? I too love Williams fork Caught 2, 4-5# rainbows last year. Cant wait .

·
Registered
16,652 Posts
I have read on the Denver Water website that vehicles are illegal on W-Fork.But I've taken my snowmachine out there many times and havent had a prob yet.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Your right, that is one heck of a hike! , but well worth it!
I saw quite afew snowmobiles last year, don't know if legal though.
John

·
Registered
935 Posts
I would love to ride a snowmobile there. I don't want to own one, just to ride one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts