Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
That is freakin' incredible! The emerging caddis, the hopper, the spiders and dragonflys - it's hard to believe that hook is in there somewhere. very cool find milehighDan.

E

·
0 Posts
Dam, I want some! Those are the best files i have ever seen. Any guess on price?

·
Registered
24,511 Posts
I want some of those scuds...

E

·
0 Posts
wow, that is a high price. I think those are the best i'v ever seen. Do you think $35 per fly is reasonable when you can buy similar, but not as good quality, for $2. I guess what im asking is, does all that detail really make a difference? I would guess it would, but is it worth that kind of money. I know I would lose it with in the first few casts.lol.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
IMO, it would be worth 20-30 bucks a fly for places like Yampa Tailwater, Cheeseman canyon sometimes, Taylor up by the dam, and/or Frying Pan's meat hole.

Flies that look that great would be worth their weight in gold at those really high pressure places...at least until everyone else starts using them haha.

E

·
0 Posts
Thats a really good point. You could only use them on "special waters" with big fish. Peolple like to complain about gas prices, what would they say about this.

I still want some.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Those are some of the best I have seen IMO but It's hard enough for me to spent $15 on a lucky craft. As other have said $35 would be awfully hard for me to swallow for a fly.

E

·
0 Posts
100 hrs for one fly. Holy Sh**. I almost fell out of my chair. Thanks for the info Kimo, that makes sense that there is an alternative to the real thing. Still jaw dropping amazing.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm not quite sure waht all the fuss is about those are just your run of the mill patterns. If you are freakishly talented and have to much time on your hands. Un freakin real1 :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

E

·
0 Posts
fishforlife said:
After spending a 100 hours on a fly, I would have a nervous breakdown if I hung the fly up on the bottom or 15 feet up a pine tree.
OMG, thats funny. Either snagged on bottom or in a tree, id be going after that fly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I am all for going into a hole for a fly or climbing a tree for that matter.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
These are right up there with fully dressed salmon flies. I have seen some flies, tied as art, on large gauge saltwater hooks (don't know the ought size, but in excess of 4") Guess they're good *teaching* flies for students to see what goes on in there.

These flies are treasures. I'd end up shadowboxing them and hanging them up in my house.

Or having them encased in a locket and made into jewelry...

But, that's just me... ;)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts