Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a week of fishing and after a few tough outings this pastweekend definetly made up for it. Friday myself and a buuddy made our way to Cheesman Canyon and after catching a few shortly after getting
there it started to die out a bit. We missed the Tricos/midges but were able to notice some PMD's becoming active. I did land a nice Brown -after trying to calm him down after 5 jumps, I guess he was a
rainbow for the day! Either the fishing slowed or we had some bad luck seeing how we hit a few holes after Mr. Cheesman himself Pat Dorsey had a few clients on them. Flies of choice: small midge patterns, #22 olive bh WD-40, standard San Juan

Delaney Butte lakes were pretty sweet this weekend (Sun-Mon even)after worrying about crowd control when upon arriving at noon on Sunday I couldn't believe that the place was almost empty.

I fished South Delaney for most of my time and was able to land a number of trout just after the Callibaetis hatch. Trout were more turned onto the standard black patterns and any Crawfish patterns seeing how a guy I fished with found 15 crawdads in his belly...yes it was a nice size fish. I had a double at one point when after catching a few on #16 Griffeth gnat I switched to the standard #14
Par Adams dropping #22 zebra midge for some cruisers near the bank. A nice 17' hit the dry when out of no where the big Cutt I had been after hit the midge seconds later and at one split second had a nice little fight. End result the smaller got off an dthe bigger one now
is on my main photo section on here.

Ended the night on North catching a few dinks and after 2 hours of solitude on the lake a lone fisherman showed up at 8pm to also enjoy a nice sunset and some nice browns.Flies of choice: green scuds,para adams
Callibaetis, Griffeth Gnats, bunny leeches blk/olive, para adams, crawfish patterns, chronomids, small midges and don't forget *anything black works the best at all times! One guy I did meet that cruised in his boat and was a 15 year vet there caught 5 over 25", I may have to
invest in an outboard soon~

Trout Dawg
"Fish The Best Fish The West"
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cotrout/

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
GREAT REPORT... How is the cheesman stretch looking debris wise?  Welcome to the board too... Luck forward to your informative reports, keep fishin.
The yahoo page is blocked at work looking forward to seeing photos after work.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
Awesome report...glad to see some new faces on the board!

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice report welcom to the board
im gona have to get up that way some day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts