Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently headed South of the state line to check out the San Juan River in Northern New Mexico. Fun day, some nice rainbows, and lots of water to explore.

YouTube video here ⬇⬇⬇

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'd like to know how you had the Texas Hole almost all to yourself? At one point I saw the drift boat on the far side, but that was about it. That stretch usually has a half dozen at least fishing either side of that main spillway. Nice vid.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I'd like to know how you had the Texas Hole almost all to yourself? At one point I saw the drift boat on the far side, but that was about it. That stretch usually has a half dozen at least fishing either side of that main spillway. Nice vid.
Early in the morning and weekends is how we usually get a nice spot to our selves. :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Fisher-Man, I was out there at sunrise so had a couple hours of solitude before the crowds arrived. It was also a pretty cold morning also (think around 15 degrees F when I started). I'm guessing even an earlier start on warmer days it would be more crowded. Appreciate the kind words and thanks for watching! dan

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Good stuff. Quite a ways to travel for some bows, but I’m sure it was a great adventure catching fish on some classic water. And you can see the dedication in capturing the experience with quality video. nice work beating the crowds and braving the cold.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good stuff. Quite a ways to travel for some bows, but I’m sure it was a great adventure catching fish on some classic water. And you can see the dedication in capturing the experience with quality video. nice work beating the crowds and braving the cold.

Thanks for sharing.
Hey there Waterfowler. Really appreciate the comment! I was down in that area for another event, so managed to squeeze in a day of fly fishing. Otherwise, definitely agreed, a very long ways to travel for just a single day of fishing. Having said that, I'd definitely consider a longer multi-day trip down there as there's a ton to explore and a really willing and healthy trout population from what I can tell. Thanks again for the kind words and for checking out my video! dan

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Hey there Waterfowler. Really appreciate the comment! I was down in that area for another event, so managed to squeeze in a day of fly fishing. Otherwise, definitely agreed, a very long ways to travel for just a single day of fishing. Having said that, I'd definitely consider a longer multi-day trip down there as there's a ton to explore and a really willing and healthy trout population from what I can tell. Thanks again for the kind words and for checking out my video! dan

Well I guess that makes sense lol. Very cool that you take advantage of the opportunity when traveling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts