Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
I thought it was another Golden Rod and Grumpie thread!!!

·
Banned
553 Posts
Looks like im not the only one with a full freezer.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's what we fixed a couple nights ago and it was good and on the favorites list

Heavenly Mackinaw

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise 2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped green onions 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash hot pepper sauce 2 pounds skinless lake trout fillets

1. Preheat the oven broiler. Grease a baking dish.
  2. In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
  3. Arrange the lake trout fillets in the prepared baking dish.
  4. Broil lake trout fillets 5 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Word.

I went up to the neighboring lake today. Fishing was tough but I managed 10. Kept 6... And 3 from the gulch. Gave mom most of the catch and kept the bigger laker and brookies... Gonna stir fry them with noodles tomorrow after I get back from Boyd.

Do you soak those fillets in buttermilk first?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Here's what we fixed a couple nights ago and it was good and on the favorites list

Heavenly Mackinaw

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise 2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons chopped green onions 1/4 teaspoon salt
1 dash hot pepper sauce 2 pounds skinless lake trout fillets

1. Preheat the oven broiler. Grease a baking dish.
  2. In a bowl, mix the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise, lemon juice, green onions, salt, and hot pepper sauce.
  3. Arrange the lake trout fillets in the prepared baking dish.
  4. Broil lake trout fillets 5 minutes in the prepared oven, or until easily flaked with a fork. Spread with the Parmesan cheese mixture, and continue broiling 2 minutes, or until topping is bubbly and lightly browned.
This looks GOOD!!! Haven't been a huge fan of eating Lakers, may have to give this a try :thumb:

·
Registered
24,557 Posts
This looks GOOD!!! Haven't been a huge fan of eating Lakers, may have to give this a try :thumb:
Put enough **** on them and you dont even taste them...might makew them edible...doubt it...

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
X2 With zman

You're not eating fish, you're eating condiments and spices. To each their own.:thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts