Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a chef for the last twentyfive years,this one is one of my favoured fresh fish dinner,my creation. :D

PICO DE GALLO SEARED WIPER OR WALLEYEFILLET.
2.Servings

INGREDIENTS:3.ROMA TOMATOES,1.PUNCH DIECED GR. ONIONS,1.LIME,1.JALAPENO,seededAND SLICED,1.PUNCH FRESH CILANTROchooped,1.tbsp. OLIVE OIL,1/4.tbsp.BLACK PEPPER. Combine all of this in a bowl,this is your "PICO DE GALLO".Let chill in the Ref. longer the better is the flavour.
Seasoning Wiper or WALLEYE FILET with Salt and Peper.Heat large Skillet ,spray with Cookingspray.Put Fillet in hot Skillet,sear for two minutes,turn and sear for two more minutes,cover Skillet with lid or foil and allow to cook for ten minutes on medium heat.

Serve Fish with brown rice. Top fillets with Picp De Gallo and enjoy.My wife and I love this one a lot.Walleye and Wiperseason is here ;D ;D ;D

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Thanks Elivs!

I will give that a try. I have a bunch of wild rice I am going to try it with. Wait a minute... I'm going to have to catch some wipers or walleye first... Dangit.

Just in case, is it Ok if I substitue with any other fresh caught fish?

Terre

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Way to go on that recipe! Will definitely try it. I don't know about producing a fresh wiper on demand, but a walleye shouldn't be too hard to come up with.

For some of us. :D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
TAL0362 said:
Thanks Elivs!

I will give that a try.  I have a bunch of wild rice I am going to try it with.  Wait a minute... I'm going to have to catch some wipers or walleye first... Dangit.   

Just in case, is it Ok if I substitue with any other fresh caught fish?

Terre
Yes,it is Ok to substitued with a Perchfillet,Catfish,(milk out the catfillets over night in your Ref.just cover it with milk,you can get rid of the fishy flavour that way.)You als can use some frozen Fish from the Store,like AHI,TUNA,SALMON,COD,ORANGE ROUGHY(this one is very,very good with that Recepie.)

Good luck
Gunter Romeo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts