Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did some recon today... Drove by 5 local spots.

Sloan's Lake: 90% open. West shore, 20 yards of ice, east shore, 30 yards of ice. Rest is fully open

Huston Lake: 10% open in the Northeast corner.

Overland Park Pond: slushy edges, still capped

Garfield Park Pond: Fully capped, frozen solid

Harvey Park Pond: fracturing ice, will be open very soon

Feel free to post up what you guys are seeing out there.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Chatfield almost 9 inches of ice...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Me and Yvette rode our bikes from Turkey Creek down to Runyon Lake and back.. Saw a couple of boats out on Pueblo...one up near the ice just past midway.

It was our first time riding down the river path. What a nice path through town. People were out enjoying a 60 degree spring day in January. Watched a few fly guys hooked up here and there. Pretty cool place.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
anticline pond had thin ice in the AM today, a casty would break through then you would berak off trying to get it back, then the wind came up and by PM it was all gone, 2 guys =4 trout and 1 crappie. for all who dont where it is, it is below the dam at pueblo on the north side of the river

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
White River in Meeker=frozen over.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Quail Lake in Colorado Springs - thin ice cover, with a little open water
South Platte near Deckers - open water, but hook comes back like a little grappling hook full of grass and small bits of ice

·
Registered
46 Posts
The Han River -- Open from the barrier dam at Ilsan east past Seoul.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Went back by Huston and Harvey Park again today. Even with the latest cold snap, Huston open water has grown to 20%, and Harvey has some open water.... ice is in chunks all over the pond.

Overland has open water at the pump house.

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
South platte river is still full of carp. In Goodrich, fort morgan, hill rose, merino, Atwood, sterling, iliff, crook... Lots of carp. So if you have a fantasy about hooking a fat lipped, beady eyed fish... There you go.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone interested in ice tomorrow? Might go up to Evergreen. I want to fine tune a few things on my rigs before hitting middle park next week.

·
Registered
24,552 Posts
Did some recon today... Drove by 5 local spots.

Sloan's Lake: 90% open. West shore, 20 yards of ice, east shore, 30 yards of ice. Rest is fully open

Huston Lake: 10% open in the Northeast corner.

Overland Park Pond: slushy edges, still capped

Garfield Park Pond: Fully capped, frozen solid

Harvey Park Pond: fracturing ice, will be open very soon

Feel free to post up what you guys are seeing out there.
LOL MINUS 14 on my backyard thermometer...thanks Owen waita jinx it...it will take until mid March for lakes and ponds to be ice free with this cold snap...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts