Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All,
The wife and I are heading up to Red Dirt Reservoir this week and was looking for any info on it.

We have never camped/fished here. From what I can tell you can camp right on the lake on the west side. Other than that that's about all I know. We have a small travel trailer and are self sufficient.

Thanks in Advance!

Randy

·
Registered
991 Posts
Been a LONG time since I was up there. Used to be able to catch some really nice brookies out of (along with other fish - but brookies are my favorite) Also used to be some pretty rainbows in the creek going downstream. I don't remember camping situation as I always made day trips...good luck and let us know how it goes!

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
That's pretty much all there is to Red Dirt.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
I used to go up there a lot in high school, but that was quite a few years ago.

Went by two or three years back. When we did, the road was pretty rutted out, I would not have taken my RV up to the lake.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
I was there last summer. Road was in great condition for a dirt road.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The road up to the reservoir wasn't bad at all. Not too many camping sights. We got there Thursday afternoon and the place was pretty much full. We got the last spot by the dam. Every campsite is on an angle so getting the RV level was challenging.

Caught a few stocker rainbows and brookies. Very pretty place.

Would I go back...no.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
The road up to the reservoir wasn't bad at all. Not too many camping sights. We got there Thursday afternoon and the place was pretty much full. We got the last spot by the dam. Every campsite is on an angle so getting the RV level was challenging.

Caught a few stocker rainbows and brookies. Very pretty place.

Would I go back...no.

LOL that's how I felt about it. It is cool to go at least once though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts