Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the calm before the storm last night with my wife.  Hooked-up with many large, angry browns.  My wife got both fish pictured - she got the most and the biggest  ???  Fish for dinner tonight!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
basshunter said:
My wife got both fish pictured - she got the most and the biggest
Holy buckets!!!!!!

If you get tired of your wife, can I have her?

(Edited to add:)
Oops! Didn't mean to imply anything immoral. What I want to do is adopt her. And then take her fishing. A lot. She is obviously good luck. :)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Those are some nice looking browns... she is the trouthunter you are the basshunter we understand. :p

F

·
0 Posts
Nice fish ...I wish I could have made it up in the mountains today ..that damn work thing keeps getting in the way

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
nice report, i love the browns, that 24 incher is a monster, nice hook jaw also, ive tryed to fish red feather but i couldent find um during the winter, anyways great looking fish

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
bh,

Those are nicely colored/patterned fish and your camera does a great job, too.

Which lake(s)?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brought home a couple of males and a couple of females. The females were plumb full of eggs, and the meat was white but firm. The males meat were dark orange, and full of fat. Both were good, but the males tasted slightly better. Next time I'll bring home males only...

T

·
0 Posts
Great looking fish.

My browns are dinkies compared to those monsters.

Where is red feathers?

Were you(Basshunter) on a boat or fishing from shore?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was mostly pitching hardware (1/4 spoons, #4 blue fox spinners), or rapalas (small rainbow trout pattern or jointed blue-back). It's good to throw out a whole night crawler during lunch break and see what happens! I was fishing from shore in less than 5 ft of water, boats (including belly boats) ruin all chances of catching any fish in less than 5 ft of clear water, they definately spook easy. All the red-feather lakes hold brown trout that are in a very aggressive pre-spawn mentality right now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts