Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All, snow is flying periodically & ice probably be on by Halloween, in the meantime everything is eating. A buddy and I fished a creek from 10:30-2:30 & averaged 10/hour released each, mostly hitting hare's ear nymphs and snow cone midge pupae, also picked a few up on EHC/BWO dries and a baitfish streamer pattern I've been working on. This pic is the one that we brought home, went in the smoker for dinner that night. photo.JPG

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Dont see many Red Feathers open water reports(Only ice) .... Thanks for taking the time to share!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hobie, it was a blast & RVin, no worries, yeah it gets a lot of press in the winter, 1st to freeze, last to thaw & overall the fishing is great all year - I do most of mine on soft water but get cabin fever & will post ice info as I get out & most likely some mid winter fly fishing if the weather breaks and opens some water up.

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
My aunt and uncle have a super nice 5th wheel. He is a few years away from retirement and has tons of leave banked up. They go out at least once a month and Red Feather is one of their favorite destinations.

He sent me some pix to my phone a few weeks back of some nice troutskis. Its a nice place... I've always done well when we have gone up there... Never iced it though.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My aunt and uncle have a super nice 5th wheel. He is a few years away from retirement and has tons of leave banked up. They go out at least once a month and Red Feather is one of their favorite destinations.

He sent me some pix to my phone a few weeks back of some nice troutskis. Its a nice place... I've always done well when we have gone up there... Never iced it though.
Nice & glad to hear they like it - if you're after big trout its a great place to be from, or going to. Let me know next time you're headed this way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts