Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the last three days pueblo has been hot, not so much the fishing. the first day we caught a SMB a whopping 6 inchs, the second day we caught a LMB all of 4 inchs and today we caught a whopper of a walleye at 14 inchs. i don't know how we would handle catching more than one fish a day. if pueblo cools off to a few days of weather in the mid 60s, the fish might wake up. or anybody haveing a supply of U.S. ARMY FISH FINDERS, might just do well :mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
112 Posts
Heading out shortly for Plo. Lots of shad and warm water make it rough but let's see how it goes tonight. Maybe the panfish will make an appearance.

·
Registered
9,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good to hear from you Mike, are you back? is that recent info?

we did catch the walleye at night, but 4 hours and only 1 bite is tough fishing

·
Registered
11,847 Posts
We went on Thursday night... Managed 4 eyes (1 keeper size), 10 bass (2 keeper size) and 1 wiper. I was fishing with 2 very good fishermen and we worked our asses off for 4.5 hours. I felt like it was one of my best outings because we shouldn't have done as well as we did... still not lights out, but given the high pressure and hot temps, I was very pleased.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
We went on Thursday night... Managed 4 eyes (1 keeper size), 10 bass (2 keeper size) and 1 wiper. I was fishing with 2 very good fishermen and we worked our asses off for 4.5 hours. I felt like it was one of my best outings because we shouldn't have done as well as we did... still not lights out, but given the high pressure and hot temps, I was very pleased.
Thank you again Oyey for the great hospitality and for your great guiding skills! It takes a lot of confidence to invite two fishaholics to fish with you on your home water and share things that I'm sure took you years to figure out. We are greatly appreciative and can't wait for the opportunity to fish together again. Pueblo is a great body of water with lots of structure. All the fish we caught were fat and healthy, and the options for multiple species makes it all that better.

All the fish we did catch were pretty shallow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts