Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Tear it apart, if ya cant fix it or cant get it back together then just buy a new reel. I have always bought Symetres but have found that a Sahara seems to work just as well for $40 less.

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Incorrect. The spool size on a spinning reel has less to do with casting distance than on a baitcaster.

The size of spinning reels is based on matching it to the proper rod for balance. for example, a 3000 reel on an Ultra Light rod would be horrible, and you'd actually have more trouble casting it. It would be too big and too heavy for the setup, and would not be balanced.

@TNG, A 2500 spinning reel is likely what you're going to want for a Medium action rod, between 6'-6" and 7'-0". That's a pretty general, all around setup that will work for most all types of fishing here in Colorado.

3000 and above are more for longer, heavier action rods.
I use 3000s and can outcast anybody! On medium and medium light.BTW.

· Registered
17,061 Posts
Whats first place a case of Blew Cheese? The point of prizes is having something actually coveted by the aforementioned contestants!

When did you forsake mono for the darkside of Nano...the world is rnding for sure!!!
I didn't. I hate nano. Too freekin wispy. Just that it would win the long distance casting championship.:biggrin1:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.