Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, everyone!
My name is Rob, and I have cancer. Earlier this week, I was fortunate enough to be invited to participate in the 3 day fly fishing retreat put on by the organization called Reel Recovery. Nine other guys and I were treated to a fantastic time learning to fly fish at the Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch near Loveland. We spent time fishing, and probably more important, spent time meeting and sharing with other men that are in the same situation. All the guys that put this on (at no cost to us) were volunteers, as were the guys who paired up with us one on one to help us fish. I cannot speak highly enough about this group, or about the benefits I derived from the event. I had never fly fished before, and not only did I catch and release some beautiful trout, for the first time in a year of dealing with this thing, I was able to forget that I am seriously ill for a little while! If there has ever been an organization that deserves the support of the fishing community, this is it. On June 8th, they are having their 2nd annual fund raiser, a wine tasting and auction at Hudson Gardens in Littleton. Please support these guys if you can! Their website is www.reelrecovery.org and the details are on there. I'd also like to say the if any of the volunteers are reading this, I will never have the words to thank you for your efforts, it meant the world to me, and the other participants. Thank you so very, very much!!
Moderators, I posted this here because I couldn't figure out how to post it in the events section.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I just looked at their site and all I can say is how great is that! As an aspiring guide I offered them my assistance if ever needed. Thanks for bringing this foundation to my eye, and may God bless you through your struggle.

·
Registered
368 Posts
There is a great article in the Sunday Denver Post on Reel Recovery. What a fantastic effort for men with cancer. Maybe that guy who was bragging about catching the largest fish (another forum) should connect with RR. That is what fishing is all about

B

·
0 Posts
Ditto on the Post article. Truly a unique way to get a man's mind off of what occupies it 24/7. Thanks for posting it Rob!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts