Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been alot of banter lately about the two different factions. Personally I could care less who does what! I would ask one thing of the unregistered though. I was in the publishing industry for ten years, so i understand how important raw numbers are to both print and online publications!!!!! So even if you you don't care to post, please register and Give Ken more ammunition to sell advertising.

I realized this morning I am guilty also! I have bought every issue and do anything i can to help this site. But I haven't actually subscribed yet! I will take care of that ASAP, because potential advertisers only care about raw numbers and demographics! I think I will probably join the CWA? As I understand it, that will help both organizations? I don't fish tournaments anymore but the CWA does alot of great things for those of us who are fond of toothy critters!

This is not a rant! So please don't turn this into a us vs them thing!!! Please register and help the site out! This is a great learning tool and service for all involved !
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I would prefer private reports. I would offer small amount to join reporting club thing.

chooch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you look at "Who's Online" at any given time, you will notice that sometimes there are more guests than registered members! This site allows us to get "free" timely fishing reports!!! This site and the magazine can only survive and prosper by selling advertising!!!!!!!!! I don't think it is asking to much for someone to invest a couple of minutes and register? Look what you get in return?
 
L

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
What, a bunch of bitchin ass complainers? whoo hoo its really worth it yea!! u guys rock!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,144 Posts
If I were an advertiser, I'd look beyond the simple count of registered users and go to number of hits anyway. After all, lurkers are reached with advertisements in the same way that registered members are. I'm still sure having high numbers in both categories helps, though.
 
C

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
LUNKERLAKER said:
What, a bunch of bitchin ass complainers? whoo hoo its really worth it yea!! u guys rock!
Why do you say these stupis things? We are discussing the ideas.

chooch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,266 Posts
Its funny. Most of the people bitching about people bitching are the biggest bitchers of all. (Did everyone follow that?)

:) :) :) :)

Can't we all just get along? -R. King


[me=Jay_In_Parker] [/me]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
work2fish said:
If I were an advertiser, I'd look beyond the simple count of registered users and go to number of hits anyway.  After all, lurkers are reached with advertisements in the same way that registered members are.  I'm still sure having high numbers in both categories helps, though.
Good point!

Lets say I own a boat dealership? My accountant tells me to move some boats fast. I could pay Ken to send out PM or email add announcing the sale. More members, more revenue.

Now do I want a PM for a sale on Boner pills, or no money down real estate courses? Of course not! But information relating to fishing here in Colorado that could save me money! Send it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
258 Posts
Boy, two guys post their dislikes about this Forum and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!!!!!!!
I agree with what Jay says: Let's just all get along.
We can (and should) voice our opinions (good & bad) about this Fishing Forum, but ultimately it is up to Ken and the other moderators to run this Forum the best way they can. Like I said in one posting, "Running an Internet Forum is not easy and the people who run it can't please everyone".
Yes, I know that the public can read any of our postings/information, but if Ken doesn't want to change that, that is his choice.........him and the other moderators run this Forum. We can only make suggestions.
Cody (cowboyfisherman)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,229 Posts
cowboyfisherman said:
Boy, two guys post their dislikes about this Forum and ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE!!!!!!!!!
I agree with what Jay says: Let's just all get along.
We can (and should) voice our opinions (good & bad) about this Fishing Forum, but ultimately it is up to Ken and the other moderators to run this Forum the best way they can. Like I said in one posting, "Running an Internet Forum is not easy and the people who run it can't please everyone".
Yes, I know that the public can read any of our postings/information, but if Ken doesn't want to change that, that is his choice.........him and the other moderators run this Forum. We can only make suggestions.
Cody (cowboyfisherman)
Cody,

Thanks for your support. A couple of things I would like to bring up are:

We take all suggestions and consider all the pros and cons. It may not be decided to go with a suggestion or we may modify how we use it but it gets full consideration. If you have any suggestions feel free to let Ken, Don and all the moderators know so we can consider it.

The other point I would like to make is the members of this forum by and large police the forum themselves. Sometimes things do flair up and we modify a post or ask someone to tone down their language etc. On a very rare occasion a person does not respond to us appropriately and we take stronger action. Thanks to the overall high quality membership that we have the job of "running ColoradoFisherman.com" is much easier than many other forums.

Thanks to all of the members for making the moderator job easier.

Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Sometimes things do flair up and we modify a post or ask someone to tone down their language etc.
I haven't had to deal with a flair-up in awhile thankfully. If so I got prep-H on hand. Do my stupid comments bother anyone if so just say shut up Gotmuskie?
 

·
P I K E
Joined
·
10,084 Posts
    GM...You gotta watch that prep-h, get to much on your hands they shrink then you can't hold your rod!!! ;D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
691 Posts
Shrinking your hands is the least of your problems. Be careful of what you touch (we're talking about the other rod).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
This is too good of a forum to lose it. I'm sure it takes a lot of work to keep this going. I subscribe to the zine and thinks it great. I appreciate all the hard work done by those behind the scenes and those who post.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top