Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Left my phone in the truck for 4 days. never listened to the radio. fished from a chair on the shore and from the Yak. Also didn't fish very hardcore it was like fishing in an aquarium. Look into the gin clear water and see 5 species of fish at the same time. Some 9" gills a few 10" cramps and perch, some 13" bass. Lost a nice bass that bulldogged me into the weeds lost it. wish Id a had my fly rod .

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yah no one bothered me. I added a yak pic had entire lake to myself!

·
P I K E
10,112 Posts
Awesome Mikey! I love it up north, I'm getting ready to head back to Montana next week and would love to get some water time but week is already pretty planned out! THX for sharing a report!!!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
I love the Black Hills. When we lived in Omaha that was our family destination. That lake right there was one of the first lakes I ever fished. Five years in a row we hit the Black Hills. Dad would sit in a lawn chair next to that lake untangling five kids lines all day. Stupid closed face kids reels.. So many fond memories. Been back there with Yvette three times. It's really not a bad drive at all. Yvette went once with my parents and our kids when they were little. Dad didn't realize it was Sturgis week...bikers everywhere. She said he sure seemed to enjoy the "sights" around town.

·
Registered
16,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its only 6 hrs. from my house. Passed right by Box Butte NE on way. Been nice to spend a couple hrs there.

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Everyone should go there at least once in their lifetime and if they have kids...no better place to go. Lots to see and do.

Funny story. One year our cousins went with us. Scott was only six and had never been fishing. Dad would bait his hook and cast for him and being impatient..Scott would immediately reel in his line. Well, with eight kids there and Dad trying to get all their rods rigged and baited..Dad got a little bit frustrated with Scott always reeling in as soon as Dad casted out. Dad told him. "Scott, if you reel in one more time without a fish yanking on your line...you're done fishing for the day." Well, a few minutes later Scott's reeling in his line. Dad looks at him and asks. "Scott, Did you have a bite?" Scott sheepishly looked at him...and responded only as a kid could and said. "No sir, but I thought I heard them chewing." Dad always loved telling that story.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts