Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Optimax that I am wanting to have serviced. Does anybody have a good mechanic that they would recommend or are there any that I should stay away from. Any help would be appreciated. I purchased the boat from out of state so I'm kind of starting from scratch.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
For my ski boat, I drive from Arvada to Fort Collins to have Bruce at Inlet Bay do any work I can't do myself.

I have heard folks say good things about Best Marine in Wheat Ridge, but they always seem to try to up sell me anytime I go in there.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I've had excellent service from Island Marine on I-25 between Windsor and Ft. Collins. They have several certified guys who can put their heads together when rare diagnostics occur. I had them fix a lower unit leak that occurred 1 year after a re-build at a half ass boat mechanic in Greeley. The cherry on top is the fact they have a lake to back your boat into to run it or they can unload it and test it out. They are pretty smart about props...(they work with Jims) and their stock of parts and products is great.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Abiquiu, NM and took my boat to Canon Marine a couple months ago. 115 4stroke Merc, runs better than new now! Rick is a super guy to deal with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts