1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
McDaniels to the Raiders????
per rotoworld:

Report: Raiders 'intrigued' w/ Josh McDaniels

According to longtime San Francisco reporter Nancy Gay, the Raiders are "intrigued" with ex-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels as a replacement for Tom Cable.

Gay also passes along "word from Alameda" that Al Davis won't pick up Cable's contract option for 2011, a scenario already reported as "unlikely" by Adam Schefter of ESPN. According to Gay, current Raiders OC Hue Jackson also intrigues Davis as a head coaching candidate. Cable must be informed by January 18 whether his option will be exercised. Right now, it's not looking good. Jan. 2 - 5:53 pm et
Source: Nancy Gay on Twitter

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
The big question here is...would Hobie become a Raider fan?...

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
hobiecat said:
zman said:
The big question here is...would Hobie become a Raider fan?...
Probably the same day you raise your Bronco flag... ::)
I would raise a Bronco flag...if it meant it got more oxygen and burned to bits even quicker...the Bronco hat someone bought me a number of years back went on the gas grill and went up in flames in a hurry...didnt even have to soak it in anything...

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
Al Davis would be hitting an all time low if he brought mcdummy in. They already had a boy wonder....lane kiffin. Maybe they learned?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
There is not much that could make me happier than to see that guy in black and silver. Oh man, what a great way to start the new year that would be.

Yo, shituation? You can get a McD jersey!

Hobie... this will be the ultimate test for you... Do you become a raiders fan or learn to hate the man you so love?

OH THE HUMANITY!

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rivrunnr1 said:
Al Davis would be hitting an all time low if he brought mcdummy in. They already had a boy wonder....lane kiffin. Maybe they learned?
He's had three other "boy wonders".

John Madden...32 years old The NFL's youngest head coach.

Mike Shanahan...37 years old when hired by the Raiders.

Jon Gruden...35 when hired by the Raiders...

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
hobiecat said:
Rivrunnr1 said:

Are you saying we should consider Tom Cable in orange and blue?

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
FunkMasterSnowshoe said:
McD is either going to the Chiefs or the Raiders. If you think this is going to work out for the Broncos you're sorely mistaken.
Funk, you been quiet mister... So, what is it that you saw in McD as a head coach that makes you think this? (Understood if you think he becomes an OC)...

·
Registered
11,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oyey said:
hobiecat said:
Rivrunnr1 said:

??? ???

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
hobiecat said:
Oyey said:
hobiecat said:
Rivrunnr1 said:

??? ???
I kid, I KID!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I do not know whats going on in Oakland.....

But, as a fan, I can only see him coming here under one condition. If they let Cable go ( which I don't think is a good idea, but, a move that might need to be made ) They make Hue Jackson head coach, and Mcd comes to us as the offensive cord. I don't want to see Cable go, he is growing right along with our team, and my players really believe in him, But Hue Jackson was a great deal of our success this year, and many say he is deserving, and is going to be looked at for a head coaches job, which he really wants to do.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
The raiders would be better off finding a QB and a solid receiver rather then a coach! That's the only thing holding this team back at the moment! Which sucks to say cause I hate the raiders!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I think all the peeps that want him to land in our division, are very short sighted.

The guy can coach, his problem was he was given too much too fast. If he lands in Oakland, or KC he will spank us for a few years. Reason being? His job will be to just COACH. Which he can do...

I don't want him anywhere near the AFC Worst, if you ask me.... :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts