By Fax: 970-353-3215 or 970-304-0958
By Email: [email protected]
By Phone: 970-353-0079
Contacts: Tom Gallegos 970-353-0079
Jeremy Whitman 970-353-0079
Christian Stewart 970-388-4038
Check in Time: Participants Will Meet at 900A.M. at the Gazebo on Habitat
Lake Next to the W.V. Clubhouse
Rules: Fishing Allowed on Sandy Shores Only!
All Baits and Tackle ARE acceptable!
All other species must be promptly returned to the lakes!
Weigh-In occurs at approximately 1 p.m...
The Fishing Derby will end at 2p.m.
All Water Valley Rules Will Apply to ALL Participants.
Special Thanks to: Water Valley, Cabellas, Sportsman Warehouse, and
Centennial Bass Club

Few notes to add, boats are not allowed, and neither is bows, sorry guys, I fought for you, but the damn water valley country cluub didnt lie the idea.
Another note.  This is a private group of lakes.  You have to be a member of the country club or a home owner to get a line in the water.  The lakes are warm water species, and are suppose to have some big bass in them!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Re: 1st annual Water Valley Carp Classic

Great job on getting this organized, Jwhitman! Too bad archery isnt allowed. Just curious, your post says that you have to be a WVCC member or a home owner to get a line in the water. Does this mean that the fishing derby is only open to WVCC members and home owners? Sorry if this seems like a dumb question.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

no you have to be a member NORMALLY, we have the exception here!

·
Registered
288 Posts

Count me in then. Look for my registration coming soon. anybody else plan on doing this? sounds pretty fun to me. visit www.royalcarp.com for some cool baits, techniques, etc.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

SWEET!  1st one registered so far....hopefully alot more to come...Come on guys lets get it to be a big one!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

Sounds like it could be fun, how far is Windsor from Denver?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

bout 45 min, between greeley and loveland. Very nice area too!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

anyone else?? The money not going toward prizes is going to benefit the boys and girls clubs of weld county, which are a very under funded organization trust me. I myself work there, and we need all the help we can get.

·
Registered
288 Posts

Come on guys! I don't want to win this tournament by default!! Actually I will be taking my Girlfriend carpin with me so I will come in behind her for sure!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I think we are up to like 10 right now. Look at a post I made previously about this tourney and there is a guy showing a picture of a nice carp he got here, prob around 8 pounds. Looking for the CFF crew to take the money!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Alright since it doesnt seem like many are interested, anyone have ideas on how to get people interested? Any help would be great!

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
Re: 1st annual Water Valley Carp Classic, WE NEED MORE ENTRIES!

I'm interested since I've always considered myself to be a good carp fisherman. (Note I said "considered myself", not "I am".) But June 10 is too far ahead to predict if I can go yet. When do the entries close?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

WE-Pre registration closes june 4th, and on the 10th its 5 bucks more to register at the event

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

sounds like a lot of fun to me. I might be able to get some people together. I will get back to you on this.

I have no problem catching carp on accident, it would be a blast to try and get them on purpose, but Im not sure how easy it is. You know I will try though. Right on. Good cause too.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

FF-Thanks! Ya it is a good cause. We are trying to use this to fund our youth baseball program, which I am basically running. I am the same way with carp too. When I am not fishing for them, they seem to come! This should also be a good chance to catch some other species!

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

That sounds like a plan yo me. I would love to help the kids, and get a day of fishin in? I can't imagine anything better for the day.

Quick couple of questions. You said all other species must be returned to the water. Is it a private lake? Catch and release only? Also must you fish with a rod, or are bows allowed? And finally do the carp need to be alive when weighed? stringer, livewell?

Thanks for any info, Ive never fished a Carp tourny before.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

ya it is a private group of lakes. There are 3 or 4 lakes total. All other fish do need to be returned. Bows are not allowed. I tiried to get them to get us use them, but no luck. The carp they want us to keep, and I think they are going to donate them to the food bank here in town. I am not sure if they need to be alive when weighed, but will check on it.

·
Registered
123 Posts

jwhitman36

That's right Great Job on getting this Carp Fest off the ground and into motion. I'm not sure if'n I got the right likens to be on  one of them golf'n courses but I'll try to stay on the sand.
I'm in.
One ? can We use the crawdads we catch for bait?

Ling Reader

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

you sure can! From what I have been told its ALL bait and tackle, so crawdads are free game! Ya we just have to stay on the sand, guess the dont want us getting nailed by those damn golfers!

1 - 20 of 66 Posts