Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new fly box yesterday, and the guy at the fly shop suggested I put a return address label on the inside of it. You know the kind--They get sent to you by Ducks Unlimited, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, NRA, etc. There's room on the bottom to write in your phone number. Maybe an honest person will find your lost fly box. I also adhered some to hard surface portions of rod cases.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I'm trying to convince hubby of the same thing. If they're waterproof, that's awesome.
I've seen several guys out on the water who have done the same thing. (if you're a true nerd, on the inside of your reel seats, on the reel in the same spot- the space is minimal, and who knows, it's nice to get stuff back!)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's a good suggestion, too. I don't think those return address labels stuck to the insides of my fly boxes like they would be to envelopes are coming off.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just use a p-touch label maker on each fly box with my name and cell phone number.

While you are at it put your name and home phone number on the back of your cell phone. I had my cell phone fall out of my jacket in a restaurant several years ago and they called my home phone so I got it back. Only time I have ever lost a cell phone but that couple of minutes to add my home phone number to the back of the phone saved my you know what.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts