Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any feedback on the rbc 300? i've never tried a baitcast reel so i figured i'd start with a cheaper model.

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
well see im thinking the same thing but i think i well start with an ambassadeur abu garcia
so i dont run into the problems of a cheaper reel
i think i will pay a little more for a better reel and hope for no
problems that the cheaper one might give me

E

·
0 Posts
Guys, for inexpensive, but QUALITY stuff, you may want tot take a look at Cabela's brand stuff.

I have a megaroyal (gold lookin thing)...it's kinda flashy, but man I've put it through over a thousand hours of hard fishing, submerged it more than once, and had it in sand...it's still every bit as good as my Shimano Calcutta, which was way expensive!

:)

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
might want to check ebay to, lots of people buy baitcasters and after the 4rth or 5th trip to the water and their 2nd or 3rd thousandth time trying to untangle the rats nest they sell them or give them away.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I concur Eyeguy,

I have two of those Cabelas Megaroyal's. They are very good, I believe they were made by Shimano for Cabelas. Most of Cabelas reels are now manufactured by Diawa(not as good). I got a cabelas sale/clearance catalog last week. I think the Megaroyals are on clearance sale for 59 bucks while supplies last. Abu Garcia is really good too.

Terre

1 - 6 of 6 Posts