Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
Pretty amazing life story with this man, his wife, and his brother and how they built an incredible business through passion, hard work, and integrity.
This only scratches the surface in understanding who each of these people are and what they have accomplished for sure, but interesting videos none the less.
I'm extremely proud to work for this company, and for them providing me the opportunity to do what I love so much. Opry 99's post earlier about his "secret lake" certainly hits home with me, my father, and my family and ties into what is "my job" today.

The Cabela's Family Discuss Their Lives, Passions and Pursuits -- Part I

The Cabela's Discuss Their Lives, Passions and Pursuits -- Part II

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
One of the few 'big companies' that I genuinely like. (BTW, BPS is not another.) In my very long association with them as a customer they have almost never been less than first-rate in their dealings with me as an individual. I have no doubt that is due primarily to the influence from the top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It has been interesting to follow this business as it has grown up. I first visited Cabela's in 1974. At that time, it was located in downtown Sidney. An old brick building, loading dock on the front of the store, and it was an old, dusty shop. At the time, Herter's dominated the outdoor equipment business. Herter's made some bad decisions through the late 70's and early 80's and vanished.

Slowly, Cabela's, through good management and ideas, grew their way from that small building out onto the plains and the I-80 location. From that expansion, they grew to the empire they are today.

I've been buying equipment from them off and on since that first trip back on the '70's. Always got a quality product and always had a great experience in their stores.

Congrats and RIP

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm surprised that this has not gotten more press coverage. Cabelas has been such a huge influence in the Hunting and Fishing industry, and to lose such business man as Dick Cabela, who really changed the way retail business is done today, would have warranted more respect, IMO
I have been a loyal customer for many, many years, had a chance to meet him once, and he was also a great friend to my wife's cousin.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Talk about service.... I placed an order Mon. afternoon...
It will be delivered today, Weds. Aft....
WOW !! :first:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts