Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All: Family got up to Rifle-Gap Res. last Sun-Mon on my dad's new Lund.  Front moved through Sun. and hurt the fishing.  Mon. AM another story.  Trolling across the Dam hooked a nice 18" almost 4lb. Smallie (biggest I've ever caught)!  Lots of hits but real light (probably Perch).  About an hour later off the E. side of the island caught a respectable 18" Walleye.  My two girls each caught some very large Perch and Dad had a monster Walleye up to the boat but we couldn't get him netted.  All in all a very enjoyable day of fishing on Mon.  Careful...weekends are for powerboaters and jet skis.  Maybe some of the monster pike in there will have them for a snack!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Both fish caught trolling slow.  Smallie caught on a opaque chartreuse Twister tail with a leech.  The Walleye was caught with a flourescent white/orange crawler harness.  Perch were bumping about anything.

Rifle is W. of Glenwood Springs on I-70 by about 30 miles.  Rifle-Gap Res. is 7 miles N. of town.  Good camping for a fee.  Nice boat ramp.  Good shore fishing off the dam.  I caught a 32" Northern off the dam last Aug. on 1st cast with a floating Rap.

We usually go up 2-3 times a year.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.