Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard today a rumor that the tourney at rifle gap was gonna be moved to island lake on the mesa? anyone else hear anything about that? It seems to me that access to island lake is pretty limited to snow shoes, xcountry skis or snow machines. Any info on this?

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
That would be dumb on many levels. The access is horrible, lodging options are not the greatest, and it would add another 2 hours drive for the folks that come from over the hill. Plus it is just a trout lake

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That would be dumb on many levels. The access is horrible, lodging options are not the greatest, and it would add another 2 hours drive for the folks that come from over the hill. Plus it is just a trout lake
Agree with this. I was very curious about the Island Lake deal. After doing some searching I found that there is indeed a tourney at Island Lake, but it is it's own tourney. not a replacement for the Rifle Gap tourney. I too am curious about the access. It sucks for that lake. I'm gonna head up there today with the boys to check it out. See if they plan on plowing the road to the ramp, or if it's gonna be snow machines and snow shoes/skis for access.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts