Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went down to fish a spot on the Platte in south Denver yesterday and there were signs posted from the Denver Parks Department that the area was closed to all public access. Anybody see any more of this on other parts of the river in town? There were also new ' No Parking' signs along the road. Looks like Denver Parks is doing their best to cut down on public access to recreational land, makes it easier to manage if you just keep the public out. I have talked to these people before and they don't respond to public input and don't want to hear any ideas about managing their parks for more use by the public. I e-mailed the head of the parks Department last year with some questions and suggestions and never got a response back, that's some great PR, shows how much they care about the public.

·
Registered
14 Posts
They were slapped down by a judge when they tried to restrict the druggies outta the parks, so this is probably their next play. Keep everyone out.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Does anyone actually know? Or just people making assumptions? I tried to do some internet research and came up empty handed... of course I'm not even sure exactly where the closure is :/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts