Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure a few of you guys watch the show with Jeremy Wade on Animal Planet

How awesome is that guy's job? Man - he goes to the most remote places on the planet and catches some dinosaur monster fish. He seems to always catch something legit... Could you imagine getting paid for that?

I'd love to take just one of those fishing expeditions!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Good show! I wish he would catch more fish though.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Weezy said:
I'm sure a few of you guys watch the show with Jeremy Wade on Animal Planet
That has to be the lamest show on TV. ::)

"I've come here to Table Rock Lake to explore reports of giant bullhead catfish periodically feasting on the local Missouri redneck population. Divers sent down to repair thre dam have refused to go back in the water, reporting that some of the normally tiny bullheads have grown as large as Volkswagens on the Redneck diet....."

Give me a frickin' break...... :p

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
^ HAHAHAHAAHAHA!

I like the show OK, I mean I watch it when I can't find anything else. They could EASILY make this a 30 minute show. They draw stuff out so bad to get to the full hour, it just gets kinda boring. I like seeing the big catch at the end of the show though.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Just watch Hunt for Big Fish instead, Dahlberg has caught most of these fish, you can pick-up some great tips, and you don't have to put up with all that crappy legs underwater bubble drama that takes up 45 minutes of that show.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I like the show, it is sometimes anticlimatic.
I wonder if he speaks so many languages or does he have an interpruter?

But I would like to see use more lures instead of bait.

I watch more to see the third world countries.
Really dangerous fishing in the Congo w/ the hostile rebels on the other side of the river.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How is the show anti climatic? He generally makes his best catch at the end of the show.

But yes - you could probably make it a 30 minute show and eliminate some of the fluff.

The Wells - Goonch Catfish - Bullhead Shark and Nile Perch were some of his most impressive catches. All beasts!

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Weezy said:
The Wells - Goonch Catfish - Bullhead Shark and Nile Perch were some of his most impressive catches. All beasts!
Well......that depends on your definition of "beast".

Big fish? Yes.

Maneaters? No.

The whole silliness about tracking down reports of maneating freshwater fish just makes the show a farce.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Weezy said:
Well......that depends on your definition of "beast".

Big fish? Yes.

Maneaters? No.

The whole silliness about tracking down reports of maneating freshwater fish just makes the show a farce.
I don't watch it to find out if maneating fish exist in rivers. I just like watching him catch some huge fish that I rarely get to see.

He got a Lake Sturgeon on one show that was over 10ft long - you don't enjoy seeing something like that?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FishLip said:
Just watch Hunt for Big Fish instead, Dahlberg has caught most of these fish, you can pick-up some great tips, and you don't have to put up with all that crappy legs underwater bubble drama that takes up 45 minutes of that show.
What channel does that air on?

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
Weezy said:
He got a Lake Sturgeon on one show that was over 10ft long - you don't enjoy seeing something like that?
I love seeing pics and videos of big fish. I just can't stand all the complete nonsense you have to endure for an hour to finally get to see one.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gofindyourowndamnfish said:
Weezy said:
I love seeing pics and videos of big fish. I just can't stand all the complete nonsense you have to endure for an hour to finally get to see one.
So get a DVR and skip forward, or tune in with 15 min left ;)

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
I'm a big fan of River Monsters, but gonna pretty much have to agree with everything DID said.

Trying to hype up 'killer' freshwater fish is just stupid. Not to say that none of those fish have killed or could potentially kill a person, but it's just so unlikely. Ever those big Wels cats, and that Goonch cat....could it pull you under, probably...is it likely to? Doubtful. Fish only eat what they can fit in their mouths. Very few fresh water fish can fit a (full grown) person in their mouths.

Still love the show though. He catches some kool ass fish.

·
Registered
12,554 Posts
I buy that Ken. 95% of the fish he has shown won't kill a man under most circumstances. So the plot of the show is phony IMO. Still cool to see him catch them on rod and reel.

It's like Man vs. Wild and Survivorman. A lot of people like both shows but you can tell which is real and which is there for entertainment value.

Les Stroud is plainly a badass....while Grylls's show is mostly for entertainment purposes. I like both, but for different reasons. Survivorman is far more real but could be construed as boring because of the lack of danger....which Man vs. Wild showcases.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts