Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been watching a River Monsters marathon on Netflix the past couple days...

That dude is a badass... But watching him fly fish is like watching ME fly fish... His technique is absolutely horrific and that's AFTER the editing. Plus... Why is he fly fishing in fast moving freestone streams for "Monster" catfish?

Its like he just wanted to throw in some video of himself fly fishing but without a chance of catching what he was fishing for...

Love the show... Watched 8 episodes in the last 3 days... But come on...

BTW, of COURSE he didn't catch the monster cat fly fishing in the shallow high elevation stream... He went to a low elevation lake and caught it on heavy gear and cut bait...

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Every show of his I have watched...it always seems to be series of near misses and much ado about nothing...and for going all over the world cherry picking spots...heck they ought to give our best cherry picker (Slayer) an unlimited budget...Slayer would stomp a mudhole in his ass!...

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Every show of his I have watched...it always seems to be series of near misses and much ado about nothing...and for going all over the world cherry picking spots...heck they ought to give our best cherry picker (Slayer) an unlimited budget...Slayer would stomp a mudhole in his ass!...
ha ha agreed , that guy needs a good dentist!

·
Registered
902 Posts
I've heard that all the guides he hires he's not very well liked by them. I saw an episoid where his grabs the braid with his hand to drag the fish on shore and then wonders how it got off. I like to watch the show for the scenery.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
The episode where he fly fishes for the the giant tarpon in the inflatable raft is f****ng sweet! River monsters is the **** although some of the things done in the show are a little unnecessary

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Of course he would. ....dude's British

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
That show is still sweet imo, never know how much the director has em do bullshit to appeal to viewers. .I mean it's not necessarily supposed to be a fishing show. I always said I wanted his job but when he got in thr kiddy pool full of hungry piranhas I was thinking maybe he does earn his pay check.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
River monsters live on location from the damn face of ATown featuring the Colorado metro king himself Slayer. Tune in next week as he unlocks the mystery's of CC

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
River Monsters Formula:

Dude hears a story about a monster
Dude travels to the location
Dude tries to catch monster, fails
Dude goes to see a shaman to talk water spirits
Dude goes to the fish market
Dude hires a guide
Dude catches monster.

Pretty redundant, but I still love watching 150+ hundred pound fish landed out of fresh water. Pretty good show, but I don't recommend watching a bunch of episodes in a row.

·
Registered
24,568 Posts
Why is that Owen?

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:) Cuz its the same story over and over... Different fish, different scenery, but same formula... Watching episodes in succession accentuates the lack of variety in the storyline.

The few exceptions are the Demonfish episode and the Lair of Giants episodes... They are a bit unique in structure.

·
Registered
11,877 Posts
That show is goofy and gimmicky and a fucking joke IMHO. Gigantic waste of time.

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
I had ZERO respect for him until I watched the behind the scenes show. He has been a several plane crashes, had a camera man struck by lightning, broke a tooth and used super glue to put it back on, lots of damage. It made me look at the show differently

·
Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes it was... That was the "DemonFish" episode. It was the only monster he has killed on the series...

It said the fish didn't survive due to injuries during the fight, but I think he killed it because his guide was about to kick his ass for letting it go... It was a tribal thing... I think he probably just lied about the fish getting hurt in the fight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts