Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

Riverbend Ponds 5-8-06

652 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  jwhitman36 
#1 ·
Fished riverbend for a couple hours today. I caught my first ever bass sight fishing. That is a fun way to fish for them. Oh wait what am I saying it was very frustrating. I threw everything in the box at him and he finally nailed a green tube jig.

I'm not very good at taking pics of myself.

See less See more
#2 ·
nice job hatch, It looks like you were on the pond furthest NE? anyway...good job. I may try to head back out there this week and see if there's anything going on.

#7 ·
I was fishing with a strike king watermelon "bleeding" tube jig. Maybe a 1/8 oz jig head. I am not to sure. I threw poppers on my fly rod most of the day and the bluegill were all over them. Problem was the bluegill are the size of the popper.

Jax really is a good place. Thier selection could stand to be a little larger but all in all they are good. For the longest time I just assumed they didn't know anything. Once I started talking to them that opinion changed. They have some really knowledgeable guys working there. Especially for fly fishing.

#8 ·
I had the same problem with the bluegills, could see them chasing up the popper but they were the same size. When i was there on sat I just switched over to the wider pond and tossed it right where there is some broken up concrete and caught a nice bass on it. Was my first bass on a fly rod so was alot of fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.