Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just three and a half words for you all...Standing Timber -N- Spinnerbait.

Riverbend has been fairly consistant with LMB this week. Fish the standing timber adjacent to deeper water. Use a spinnerbait (pick your favorite color) bass are hitting it on the fall. Use a slowish-steady retrieve with a pause or fall every 20 feet or so. Strikes have been fairly subtle so keep your line tight on the drop.

coontail and milfoil type weeds are coming up everywhere. Water temp is around 64 degrees. Bass have been averaging 14-15 inches. Haven't caught any bigger than 15 or smaller than about 13. Averaging about 1-2 fish per hour so the action isn't fast and frantic but steady enough to keep me interested.

here's a few pics...

Enjoy!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Not bad. Were you fishing Big Pond? I fished Bluegill Pond today and was surprised to see the bass were already entering spawning mood; a lot of big disinterested bass setting up and protecting beds with no real motivation to hit a lure. I did catch one small one, ~10 inches and lost another one about the same size. Then I threw on a buzzbait and managed to piss off one of the big ones -- 17.5 inches; a fat female (roughly 3.5 pounds). He whacked the sh#t out of the buzzbait right next to shore. Just a vicsious hit. I got a quick measurement of him and got him back in the water within 20-30 secs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts