Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went fishing this evening with my fly rod and some poppers with some luck. Caught 4 pan fish and one smallmouth bass. Had the best luck with a small black popper. The bass really love that thing. I had the best luck about 45 minutes after sunset.

The weather was cold and overcast. Since all the construction on Prospect is going on, its rare to see anyone out there now. I released all that I caught.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[[http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/5885/dsc02722small2lu.jpg][/img]

I was in the big pond near all the trees I could find. I parked in the lot near the bridge. Near the medical offices.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Ummm I think that is a Crappie....the markings and color are wrong for the bass that come out of those ponds.......could be wrong though...

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
were all here as friends
were here to help each other out the best we can

oh and were friends we will laugh at you if you wear a funny hat
or wear pink waders or drive a funny truck

were all friends and buddys here

·
Registered
18 Posts
Of course, we won't laugh any harder at you than we will at ourselves. Some of us are pretty funny looking O0

·
Registered
238 Posts
So...im not the only one who parks in the medical center area and hops the construction barriers to the ponds.....nice fish Lonny....the crappie bite is all that Im into right now. That and sunfish (Bluegill and such). AFter the bass spawn, the bluegill will start....great time for a flyfisher to have some fun....

Pondfisher

·
Registered
436 Posts
fished there yesterday and tried the black popper as well. Had some luck on bass, but didnt get any sunfish. What part of the lake were you having luck on?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was on the bigger pond. The best area was on the east side of the pond near the little islands and as many trees as your can find. i brought my waders and got in up to my knees. I have a huge fear of falling in and getting eaten by Jaws in there.

I tried several types of poppers, the bright green popper had some hits on it and I landed two small pan fish. I have a popper that looks like a frog, and only one hit on it. I tried a green streamer with little golden and black eyes with two hits on it as well, but when I put the black popper on the ponds changed. I hit two for two and had many many hits on it.

The crappie was the biggest hit. I managed to land it on the reel. Hope that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts