Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the ponds for 2 hours this afternoon...man..that wind has a way of chilling me out...in a bad way. I didnt bring my gloves thinking it wouldnt be that bad... Anyways fished senkos really slow...no luck. Then I found a lure that hadnt even touched water since I bought it 2 years ago. I fished my Rapala Husky Jerk "Rapflash" with my ultralite rod (4lb). I cought two bass to my surprise..just cast out...allowed it to sink a foot or two and reel in slowly stopping now an then.

Big ole girl!!! for me anyway

same bass

her big mouth

and a smaller guy

The big one was very sluggish for her size...two runs and she was done..

Pondfisher

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Pondfisher --- Wicked nice fish ! Looks like the fishing gods did smile upon you !  8)  Thanks, that gives me hope. I want to catch a couple more nice ones this season.

Nice Report !

·
0 Posts
Pondfisher,nice luncker & Pics.I went to Long Hagler,and yes it was cold in the mornig a littlebit of snowfall I had.got four average trouts.Chatch & release.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didnt expect to catch my largest of the season when the water was so cold. I am a wuss when it comes to the cold (originally from Texas).
My assumptions about bass and cold water are out the window!!!

Pondfisher

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is the pond right next to the Prospect/Poudre River bridge. One of its features is a fairly large beaver dam. I should know the name of the darn thing....its the one i fish the most!!!!! It looks lifeless....cold water...but I guess you can still catch em. This pond is actually small and I would imagine colder then the larger ponds. The big bass came out of the pond metioned above...the smaller one came out of the largest pond in the middle. If I dont fish the Big Thompson or St. Vrain rivers tommorow, I might hit these ponds again. I really hope the wind lets up a little...makes it tons easier...

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
I know the pond your talking about with the beaver dam. I tried to fish it a month ago. I had never tried senkos before and didn't catch anything. There was some big fish jumping in the middle of the pond. I'd like to catch some of those.

·
Registered
131 Posts
NICE job pondfisher!!! Don't stop now, the fall bassin' is just getting good!-Great photos also!

·
Registered
578 Posts
bassmasters65 said:
NICE job pondfisher!!! Don't stop now, the fall bassin' is just getting good!-Great photos also!
So what is some good recomendations for fall bassin'? I haven't had any luck for about three weeks now!

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
my bass lake for #s (jerry creek) turned over already.
My bass lake for size and decent numbers (purdy mesa) is now drained.
My bass lake for small numbers of monsters (connected lakes) doesn't fish well past the middle of october.
My season is done, but i am very happy to see people still catching "green carp" ;D JK I love bass

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Very NICE!

There's something about the spots on that big ol' girl there that makes it unique. For minute there, I almost thought it was a spotted.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts