Colorado Fisherman Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Okay, so what's a Senko? I fish bass every now and then but my lures consist of Rapala's, jerk baits, spinnerbaits, top water baits, and plastics. So what's a Senko?

·
Registered
9 Posts
A Senko is similar to a wave worm!!! Okay okay It was kinda funny!! :eek:

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
fatfish said:
Okay, so what's a Senko? I fish bass every now and then but my lures consist of Rapala's, jerk baits, spinnerbaits, top water baits, and plastics. So what's a Senko?
A Senko is a variation of the good old plastic worm, but they are supposed to be better. Originally an invention of Gary Yamamoto, formerly a tournament fisherman and now a lure manufacturer. They have caught on with bass fisherman and now there are dozens of knock-offs of the original by many manufacturers. I still buy the real Senkos.

You can do a Google search on Senko or "Gary Yamamoto" (put it in quotes to lock the two words together) and find out quite a lot about these.

W. E.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Walking Eagle said:
fatfish said:
Okay, so what's a Senko?  I fish bass every now and then but my lures consist of Rapala's, jerk baits, spinnerbaits, top water baits, and plastics.  So what's a Senko?
A Senko is a variation of the good old plastic worm, but they are supposed to be better. Originally an invention of Gary Yamamoto, formerly a tournament fisherman and now a lure manufacturer. They have caught on with bass fisherman and now there are dozens of knock-offs of the original by many manufacturers. I still buy the real Senkos.

You can do a Google search on Senko or "Gary Yamamoto" (put it in quotes to lock the two words together) and find out quite a lot about these.

W. E.
There are dozens of knock-offs of the original but I have been using the Tiki Man Wave Worms all summer and I have had just as good of success with them as the originals. They even have the famous "shimmy"!!!! I have absolutely no complaints with them at all!!! Especially when they are about $3.00 a pack cheaper!!! 8)  There just is not as many color combinations as the originals but Tiki Man keeps adding new colors. Heck I even got an 18.5" bass with them! Big enough for a Master Anglers Award from the D.O.W.!! 8)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts