Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone this is my first post but had a few questions for everyone. I just went to riverbend ponds today in fort collins and saw a bunch of fish jumping but only had one bite. The bite I had was a big fish and I mean big but thats all I know it threw the hook pretty quickly.
Anyway I would like to know what everyone uses over there and what pond they go to. I was in the Big Pond. Also I would also like to know what times are good to go there. I like to go in the evening and I know Horsetooth is a good place for that but I dont have a boat yet and the good spots on the shores are hard to get to and from late at night. Any info on Riverbend ponds or any other areas in Fort Collins would be much appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
636 Posts
try to do a search for Fort Collins fishing locations. There are many posts if you look for them. I have only fished riverbend ponds twiceand caught a few bluegill out of the big pond on flies. Others have caught crappie and bass off of spinners and rubber worms. You might want to try a minnow under a slip float. The further you walk, the less pressure the ponds get so you might have more success on the back ponds. welcome to the forum Padrefan760 and good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts