Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished the ponds this afternoon. The wind didnt really let up the entire time I was there. I fished primarily with a jig and curly tail grub with 4lb line. Caught 5 immature bass...all under 10 inches. I also caught a big-o crappie about 13-14 inches. I thought about keeping it but I decided against it....takes too long for warm water fish to grow to good sizes...

My rechargeable batteries were all dead...so no pics.

Why is it every time I dont bring the camera, I catch something worthy of a photo.

Looking forward to hitting them again this weekend..wind, rain, or shine....

Pondfisher

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was using a orange painted jig and orange colored Berkely power grub. I really dont think color or scent did anything for the bass. The water was murky due to the wind...the vibrations from the tail most likely did the trick. A small jig and curly tail grub can catch just about anything that swims.

I just allowed the jig to fall (curly tail swims falling and retrieving) and jerked the rod while steadily retrieving.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Nice report even w/out the pics. Must have been a tough call on the Crappie. I don't think anyone would've blamed you for keeping it, but props on letting it go. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts