Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

tried my luck at riverbend today got a good size blue gill and the 14 in bass (pictured) and 4 smaller bassand a bunch of sun fish

·
Registered
6,797 Posts
nice bass good and fat!

C

·
0 Posts
Did you use different lures or just the one pictured? And what is the one pictured? ??? ??? ???

C

·
0 Posts
Having a family, FG! Don't let your wife hear ya coparing fishing to family! LOL So, what was that lure in the picture anyways?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Its actually a bass pro version of like a fin-s. Bass/watermelon color. I got a bag of them last time I was in Springfield, MO and we've been using those to catch the bass at Dixon and now at Riverbend. I haven't had any luck with them here at riverbend only a little 4" LM that thought swallowing it head first would be a good idea lol. Was over there today, got about 2 little 8" ones and then got this guy:

Just a little bit smaller then vollerts but still nice and fat. I definitely hope I get some more before the end of the season. I had a few more hits and missed hooksets on a few more this evening but now I know what to do to get them :) I was actually trying my senkos for the first time since early spring since I never had any luck on them. But fishing them slowly and near the bottom was the ticket. Lots of slack in the line too I just would watch my line for when it would start to pull out into the water and then set it.

Here's a link as to what the soft minnow is: http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=15667&hvarDept=100&hvarEvent=&hvarClassCode=7&hvarSubCode=7&hvarTarget=browse

·
Registered
578 Posts
Cool, nice looking bass. I was at riverbend ponds today on my lunch break and I just got a few small bites. No catches tho. Try again tomorrow, just bought a new ABU Garcia spinning reel and a cherrywood rod so I gotta try them out! My ABU Garcia baitcaster will just have to be lonely for a few days..... 8)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks Derajaman, the bass pro ones are good but the get chewed up real quick stirke king has the same thing but they are alot stronger. i am preaty sure i got all of them on that lures i did try some other stuff but i think that was the only one i was getting stuff on

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I'm impressed there are some nice looking bass coming out of riverbend, hopefully it will stay that way.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts