Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fished from about 8:30 to 2:00 today.

I strted at Mary's Lake and couln't get a bite until around 9:30. I caught a dinker LM bass on a small yellow tube jig with blue sparkles. I then caught two more bass in the 15-18 inch range. All the bass were caught either along one of the bird nesting shores or right under the walkway as I was about to pull the jig out of the water.

Then we moved to Ladora and tried for pike. We didn't get a bite on anything after an hour, so we went back down to Mary's. We stayed until about 2:00 without any luck.

The fishing was really slow today. I think the sudden drop in temperature and crappy weather may have messed with the fishing. My guess is the bass were in cover and not agressive, so the cast just had to be lucky and land the jig right in their face.

It was a good day of fishing and there were no people there compared to most weekends.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Any day out on the water is a good day of fishing. Sorry you didn't get a pike today. Man I still need to hit you up and meet at Quincy sometime. I haven't been out there in over a month.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i haven't been to quincy in about a month, im kinda waiting for the weeds to die down in the fall, the weeds out there are worse than i have ever seen them and it's just a pain right now when there are other places i can fish without the weeds, but we will definetly fish together sometime

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was at the arsenal the 14th and caught a small bass at lodara , it was about 15 inches and fat so i know some bass arent being eaten by the pike, no luck on the pike tryed everything, i think the pike fishing has slowed alot lately because of the cold front, hopefully october will be a good month there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts