Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you knwo from my reports, I love the Rocky Mountain Arsenal's fishing, and I'm a great supporter of people obeying the rules and such while they are in the refuge. So, I met with a guy named Ivan, who is the head of recreation out there, and I'm doing my Eagle Scout project there. The project will benefit any of us who choose to fish the RMA, along with average nature hikers. I'm building a stairway up the dam from Lake Mary to Lake Ladora. Great news for all of us, and I get my Eagle, which is good for me. I'm pumped! I was out there yesterday and we were sawing up some wood and talking about the fishing program. Nothing is certain, but they are talking about opening the northern side of Lake Ladora to wading in 2007. I think the army still owns that half of the land or something.

Also, Ivan said that right after the snowstorm and the end of fishing, the pike have all been hanging out right by the shore. We walked down there, and sure enough there were pike and bass all over the place. I'm sure they were flipping us off.

So that's the news. Next year you guys won't have to walk so far, you can just climb some steps.

Stang

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I think this is a great Eagle project and I wish you the best of luck with it. Guys like you renew my hope for the whole human race. Only have one Eagle grandkid so far, but we're working on some more. Way to go!!!!!

·
Registered
24,509 Posts
Gosh Mustang...you make it hard for us to refer to you as one of those rotten teenagers!... ;)...kudos to you!...great project!...better person!!...

·
Registered
943 Posts
nice job mustang it's nice to see a young person taking pride in their fishing area . also nice of you to make it easier on us old guys ;D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks to all of u, ill post a picture of the finished project when its done, my goal is by thanksgiving...if not then definetly the end of the month

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Mad Props Mustang !  Hey, I think I read a post in here (or heard somewhere) they may allow float tubes in Ladora next year. Have you heard anything like that ?
Also, it's one of my favorite places to fish too. Do you think having a Bass Pro Shops right down the road will have a huge negative effect on the Arsenal ?  I can't imagine that the word on that place won't spread like crazy. The best days there are the ones when it's practicaly empty.
Anyway, congratulations (early) on your Eagle badge. 8)

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
i don't think that the amount of pressure there can get much worse than the last fishing season was, later in the year they get a lot slower there as all the yahoos quit going as they actually have to have some fishing skill to cath fish later in the season as the fish are spooky..but kudos to mustang. maybe that will keep people on the trails...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great to hear mustang. Maybe now those little old ladies can relax instead of yelling at the boneheads for getting of the trails. For all your hard work they should let you guys fish ladora and hammer some big northerns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts