Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working in the Crested Butte area today and stopped into see the new babys at the roaring Judy hatchery. Terry Robinson was nice enough to give me a detailed tour of the process.  Terry said they got 7.25 mill koke eggs out of Blue Mesa alone this year and have been busy shipping excess eggs to Idaho  and New Mexico and others. Very interesting to see the process and the first eggs are starting to hatch and you can see the little guys with the egg sacks attached.  Looks like they are putting in long hours up there to get these guys ready to go. Keep up the good work Roaring Judy crew! we will be enjoying these fish in 3 years!.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
thanks for the info bobco. Do you know what they receive in return for the koke eggs from the other states?

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He did not say what they bartered for, probably so far down the ladder he would not even know would be my guess

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
i was just curious, was there any kokes still alive in the river, or were they all dead , thats cool he showed you the eggs , when i was there he showed me all the lakes stocked with kokanee in colorado

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that must of been a heck of  a trip to see all the lakes stocked with Kokonee in Colorado!!!  ;) I did not go down to the river to see if there were any fish in the river yet, I was suposed to be working ;D ;D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts