Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a call from the wife this morning, between the time I left for work and the time she got up to go to work, someone managed get into my house steal my laptop, my camera case with all my cameras and lenses, and my wife's car before she woke up. Luckily she wasnt hurt or didnt wake up while they were in the house. They recovered the car 6 or 7 blocks away, got the docking station back for the laptop but that was it. So it looks like Im getting a security system for Christmas. Whats a good one?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I dont have an answer for your question... But just wanted to say sorry, that really really sucks. Some people just dont give a sh!t about others.

·
Registered
6,422 Posts
ePiC said:
Got a call from the wife this morning, between the time I left for work and the time she got up to go to work, someone managed get into my house steal my laptop, my camera case with all my cameras and lenses, and my wife's car before she woke up. Luckily she wasnt hurt or didnt wake up while they were in the house. They recovered the car 6 or 7 blocks away, got the docking station back for the laptop but that was it. So it looks like Im getting a security system for Christmas. Whats a good one?
Dude, that sucks. I hope it was worth it for them because Karma is a biotch. I hope they are able to find your stuff through them selling it or it being pawned off at the wrong place.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that, that's the worst feeling.

As for security systems, I had ADT for a while. They offer lots of services, and they seem to do a decent job in general. If you go with them, make sure you read your contract (I'm sure this is true with any security company). What I didn't like was that they locked me into a 3 year contract. They tried to increase their rates on me more than once, which they reversed as soon as I reminded them they locked me into a three year contract. But you really have to stay on top of them. Another option is just getting an ADT sign and stickers to put in your yard and windows.

My security system now is pretty effective. 2 dogs with intimidating barks. If that's an option, that's what I'd recommend. Someone coming in to do a smash-and-grab like these <explative> guys did wouldn't come into my house because of the dogs.

Good luck getting it back or dealing with the insurance. I hope that process is as painless as possible for you.

Eli

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Rick, but at least there was no harm done to your wife. Hope you get your stuff back and they prosocute the little you know whats that did this.

Jim

·
Registered
844 Posts
Dam, Sorry to hear about that, I'd personally think about a dog. A lot of people won't come into a place that has a dog barking and raising hell.
I hope they catch the bastards and glad your wife is OK. Do you have a gun that she will use?

·
Registered
6,542 Posts
UNREPENTANT SINNER said:
Dam, Sorry to hear about that, I'd personally think about a dog. A lot of people won't come into a place that has a dog barking and raising hell.
I hope they catch the bastards and glad your wife is OK. Do you have a gun that she will use?
Nothing wrong with dogs or guns! I am big proponent of both! I have already been to two houses this fall where they killed the dogs! And unless you have trained your guns to jump off the shelf by themselves and shoot someone they have limitations ;)

Got PM Rick. I will see you tonight.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Ya, really lame Rick... Glad your wife is ok. Let me know if you have questions about your insurance claim...

I have ADT at my office and they do fine... Kinda weird having a system for me though... I feel a bit trapped in my own space... but dang, that sucks to hear..

Best of luck and hollar if I can help answer any questions.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Ya man total bummer Rick!
So glad no one was hurt.
Scary for sure

1 - 20 of 31 Posts