Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, once again the Rock and Roll hall of fame has listed its new nominees.
Once again, Kiss is not on the ballot. Now, I will admit being a little biased as I am a huge Kiss fan but seriously.........

Kiss is certified by the RIAA as having the most gold records by an american rock band and they are not in?? Seriously??

and I might add that Rush has also not been elected in.

Those who ARE in:

Madonna
J Giles Band
Grandmaster Flash
LL Cool J
Donovan
Donna Summer
Neil Diamond

In my book, those are not rock bands and they are in but no Kiss? Rush??

Just curious as to everyone's opinions.

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
X2 Deuc...except for J Geils!!! Great band of the 70's...well deserved IMHO!!!

FRICKEN MADONNA???????? ??? :-\ :D

"They call me Mello Yellow" dada da don... ;D O0 ;D

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
My dear friends, rap music was spawned and influenced by rock music. Therefore, it has a place in the rock and roll hall of fame.

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
I think KISS's music is some of the worst in the history of R&R...That said, based on the numbers and their popularity, I absolutely think they should be inducted. I also think the entrants this year are worthy except for Donna Summer. She did not have several albums of success and most of her hits were written by others.

We are about to enter the music years of the 80s for our entrants for a while... IMO that is a problem unto itself. A lot of crap in the 80s.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
There are tons that you could throw under the term "Rock", so doesn't bug me to see LL get in, but if you were to ask me Rush and Kiss are shoe-ins. Other bands/artists that should be included.

1. Iron Maiden - got to put in my boys after their 15th album hit their highest chart rankings ever with #1 in 25 countries. And a solid #4 in the US. Maybe you only get this honor when they feel your washed up?
2. Scorpions - On their retirement tour, would have been a nice send off for a classic band.
3. Ronnie James Dio - Should have been included with the Black Sabbath's induction had Sharron not had a fit, but his solo work and work with Rainbow and in influence he had on his genre should be enough for the nod.

·
P I K E
10,082 Posts
You really can't go by the Rock & Roll theme for the Hall. If you look at the past inductees you'll find names like Woody Guthrie, Johnny Cash, Bill Monroe, Bob Wills and more out of the true rock theme. That said, where is J.J. Cale? He has written some of the biggest songs in rock history, played with the biggest names and still plays to this day!!! ::)

·
Registered
502 Posts
Friedrich Nietzsche said:
My dear friends, rap music was spawned and influenced by rock music. Therefore, it has a place in the rock and roll hall of fame.
NOT... spawned from gang boy wannabes that couldn't hang so they started singing bout they can't hang. then they wannabe gangsta's so they needs they own museum.

KMA it aint Rock and Roll

Ted NUgent Is rock and roll

·
Registered
9,159 Posts
Mtn.man said:
NOT... spawned from gang boy wannabes that couldn't hang so they started singing bout they can't hang. then they wannabe gangsta's so they needs they own museum.

My poor soul. By chance, have you ever done research on the history of hip hop at all? Have you actually sat down and watched interviews of so-called gangster hip-hoppers and what influenced them to make music? Have you ever listened to their producers (the gentlemen who are behind the mixing board or turntables, or sampling devices that make the beats that the hip hoppers say rhymes to) projects, and the origins of their beats and samples... or listened to interviews with said producers and what influenced them to help make hip-hop music? I can say with much certainty with my atheistic reasoning that if you did, your mind would be changed and you would feel that hip-hop does deserve a place in the rock and roll hall of fame. The african-american artists known as rum-dmc did say it best with this beautiful piece of music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXzWlPL_TKw&ob=av3e

And if you do not think they do not belong in the rock and roll hall of fame, perhaps you were at church instead of doing something constructive like watching television? because you would have known when this video premiered on MTV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk&feature=channel

·
Registered
11,844 Posts
Mtn.man said:

Your musical prowess is amazing. You clearly know your stuff. Thanks for putting everyone in their place.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ya'll are so easy to read ;D. Now I can jack every post cause of you silly's.

O0 I have actually listened to all music and find I like alot cept maybe opera.
Little Wayne has some interesting tunes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts