Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about 10:00am this morning I decided I would head out to the Arsenal and see if I could find any room to fish. I didn't see any reports from Saturday and figured the fishing was really good and no one was talking about it, or that everyone thought it was going to be really crowded and no one went out Saturday. When I arrived a little after 11:00am, the parking lot was pretty full. I walked up to Ladora and was able to find a place on the dam where I wasn't too close to anyone else. On my second cast with an orange spoon, I caught my first warm water fish of the year, a small 18 inch pike. Over the next 2 hours I caught 8 more pike. The biggest being about 24 inches. The exciting part of the trip occurred when I hooked a pike about 18 inches. When it was about 30 feet from the bank I saw a big wake coming toward my fish and a pike about 30 inches or so grabbed onto the back end of the fish on my line. I was able to bring both fish to the bank. I was alone, and trying to land two fish and take a picture at the same time was a bit challenging, but I did get a picture of the bigger pike with the back end of my fish in it's mouth. Its not the best photo, but you can see both fish pretty well. I had success with several different spoons and with shallow diving rapalas. I had lots of fish follow that wouldn't hit. It got real windy around 1:30pm and I decided to call it quites. It was a fun couple hours with some decent action. The water is a bit cold and is really clear. I didn't see any bass cruising around while I was there.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1 - 2 of 2 Posts