Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ANybody know about this? A friend asked, and said he thinks it's at 287 and 70...he heard they were doing good from shore for trout with crawlers...

He has kids ranging between 5 and 12...and just owuld like to get them out and onto some fish for a couple hours....ANY suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

EyeGuy

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Its on the south side of I70 between Federal (287) and Sheridan. Stocked with rainbows and some bass as far as I know. You can read more about in DOW's Fishing Close to Home. They also have in listed in DOW's fishing reports under Denver Metro. After the water lillies come up on the west side try there for the bass.

Dan

·
Registered
314 Posts
I live by that lake. It's at the intersection of Lowell and 46th. Exit either at Federal or Sheridan, turn on 46th, and you will find both Rocky Mountain (toward the East) and Berkeley (toward the West).

Berkeley is getting better stocker action. On Saturday, I walked the dog, and saw good catches by bait and lure fisherman. Also, I had previously had quick results fishing a fly behind a bubble (wooly bugger or pistol pete). Fish from the southwest corner of the lake. I believe power bait is being used, but not sure what color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
They did some work on the lake a few years back. Before that I know there was crappies in it too. Don't know if there is now so if anyone knows for sure, let me know.

·
Premium Member
10,399 Posts
I would try yellow or rainbow powerbait and salmon eggs if you are targetting stockers for the kids.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts