Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Arsenal today with my dad. Strated at Ladora. Nothing at all on all of my pike baits. I did have one big bass follow in a swimbait. Saw guys to the left of me land a pike (was that you kokanee king?). Went down to Mary's. The fishing was pretty slow. Had a guy come up to me and say he saw me online, so I guess he's one of you guys, but he didn't say who he was... Who are you? Anyway, the fishing was really slow, but I managed to land two small LM bass on a tube. I didn't take pictures, because the bass weren't that big. My dad was also using a tube and caught a really nice crappie. A white crappie I believe? I don't know jack about crappies. Anyway, a slow day, but at least we didn't get the skunk.

Dad's crappie... for some reason the pic is small?

PS

Saw a giant fricken turtle. 

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Not a bad day. I planned on going, but figured the air temp was a lil cooler than it should be so I slept in... Oh yeah, and yesterday's poker game for shots contributed to my lack of motivation too.

At least you & your pops didn't catch the skunk. Nice crappie there.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
That looks like a black crappie but it is hard to tell because like you said, the picture is small.

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
we didnt get any pike either this mornign at ladora, saw a big fat bass swimming around in front of us, he took a swipe at my swim bait but didnt get enough of it to set the hook, went down to the first fishing pier and my girl caught 2 small bass on a rattle trap, i didnt fish(too many people on the pier)we left pretty early,gonna give it a shot again in the am..

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I was the one who said hi to you. I've only posted once and I've been lurking on the board for the past several weeks, learning tons. I see you all over the place! I've been on a fishing kick lately, it's a lot cheaper than my hobby of high power rifle shooting--those bullets really add up. My real name is Ben Lee. As for my screen name, that's what my friends sometimes call me because of my occupation. I use a lot of silicone at work and it involves boobs. Tough job! I really admire the expertise you have accumulated in your short 17 years. In fact, you were the only one who I saw catching anything around the lake. I only got one bite after a couple of hours so, and I was in a trout mood anyway, so I headed up to Dillon to go fly fishing. Got skunked, as did everyone else I ran into. Tough day for fishing. Real pretty up there though.

By the way, check the board for the first thread I'm gonna start. On the way to the Blue River, I stopped by Prospect Ponds to scout them for bass on a fly rod. It's a real entertaining question I'm posting to members.

·
Registered
943 Posts
i'll be out tommorow with my son. hope to see some of you there

1 - 7 of 7 Posts