Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need all the info. I have seen you guys talk about it. What are the fees when can you fish where to fish What to fish with. Any thing thanks.

·
Registered
374 Posts
scoop is
be there at 8am sat or sun,take an orientation,pay 3bucks,fish ladora,and catch all the pike and bass you can handle.bring your waders.release fish best you can,and dont and i mean dont forget the camera!!!!
shawn

·
Registered
797 Posts
The class actually starts at 9 am, so if you show up at eight you will just be sitting around for an hour. You will have fun, trust me!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
With the waders I have chest waders but my dad only has hip waders but he is 6'2. Is that ok and is it better to fish from shore or in the water. I am only 12 so is the lake easy to stand in with waders without slipping, Getting soked etc. Just curious because we may go saturday, We are going to jackson tomorrow I think. Oh and do you only have to go to the orientation once or everytime.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I have never fished that lake but I have fished for pike a lot at other lakes like Elevenmile and Spinney. I start with a spinnerbait. Perferably colorado blade make it black. It is a great bait to start out with. You can't fish it wrong. Also any smithwick suspending jerk bait would be a nice choice too. Try different retrieves with that and try a color that matches what they eat there, i.e Shad, Perch. Sunfish, Crawdads ect.

Neil

1 - 9 of 9 Posts