Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on a rod for tube jigging.

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
Its funny I use the same freeking rod for EVERYTHING. Tubes, Blades, Metal, Whatever. 7' St. Croix Medium Light Extra Fast action.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I'm looking for another rod or two and Jeff (Batman) recommended this. He owns some quality rods, some legends..but said he picked one of these up and the bang for the buck is great. Only $40 bucks to give it a try.

http://www.basspro.com/Berkley-Lightning-Rod-IM6-Spinning-Rods/product/1110220501167/

I have one of these, i don't even remember purchasing it honestly and it sat in my garage at lake mac for a couple years until this season. I put a pflueger president on it at the beginning of the season and it has remained one of my most frequently used rods this year.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
6'6'-7' medium fast tip for light tubes, I go to a med heavy on tubes 3/8 and over.

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
I'm a Berkley Lighting guy. Have one for spinning and bait casting. I have a Falcon Low-rider that was built for jigging, A fast tip is tough for me to cast spoons and cranks with. I'm limited in how many rods I can fit on my kayak.
The Berkley Lighting spinning rod with braid and a 6-8 mono or fluoro leader will work for most anything.
About four months ago I paired a LEWS baitcaster with a Berkley lighting and have been happy

·
Registered
16,616 Posts
arent they like 130 plus?$$$
Closer to $120. Worth every penny. Many of the guys I fish with use rods in the $200-400 range.

Oh yeah- I have a Berkeley Lightning Rod. Cant stand to use it. Feels like a broom stick. Absolutely NO feel.

·
Registered
5,192 Posts
Fucka st croix
Actions are good but sensitivity sucks

·
Registered
3,945 Posts
Its funny I use the same freeking rod for EVERYTHING. Tubes, Blades, Metal, Whatever. 7' St. Croix Medium Light Extra Fast action.
I use 6'6" St Croix rods in medium power, fast action for "almost" everything.

Fucka st croix
Actions are good but sensitivity sucks
Funny you said that. As I was doing research for my swimbait rod, I came accross that comment from Tackletour. Too much paint and gloss. The paint on my rods still get scratched and chipped more easily than I would like. Maybe next time I'll try a more sensitive rod brand.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts