Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went Fishing on Tues. and Wed. On tues, not much happening until all the sudden I see a 10+lb catfish cruising the shallows. I flip my bait in front of it, and to my complete surprise, WHAM! It was about 5 feet from shore but then took of with my drag about 20 feet away. It was not happy, and fought harder than any cat I've caught before it. After a couple of minutes I got it back to shore, and right as I was pulling it up a rock, the darn thing shook it's head and snapped my 12lb spiderwire fishing line. DANGIT! That would have been my biggest by far. Anyways fihsed a while longer caught a couple of 1-2lb cats, and some bluegill. The next day no cats plenty of bluegills. BUt of course, I'll never forget about the one that got away. Hopefully I see him again. TIght Lines

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In longmont at hover and third, pretty easy to find, you can see it to the east off of hover.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No actually its about 15 blocks south, funny u posted about mcintosh cause I went there about a week ago and caught a few small smallies. But yeah Longmont is filled with lakes, McCall, Pella, McIntosh, Roger's, Golden, Barbour, exc. exc., If I fish one and it's slow going, I just move on to the next!!!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Most know it has Fairgrounds Lake, north of Boulder COunty Fairgrounds. Sits on the N.E. corner of Bosten/Rogers Road and Hover.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts