Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Rosemont can be accessed yet, as the road was closed since last year due to flooding? Thanks!

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
It was open weekends as of three weeks ago. Rosemont as seen from the road had little water in it.
I drove by the upper end of Gold Camp road, going to Victor last week and it was open with no signs telling us it was open or closed.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was open weekends as of three weeks ago. Rosemont as seen from the road had little water in it.
I drove by the upper end of Gold Camp road, going to Victor last week and it was open with no signs telling us it was open or closed.
Thanks, Earplug. Love fishing there; lures only no big fish but lots of trout! Last time I fished there (last year before flooding) it was really low as well.

·
Registered
87 Posts
The road is open from the Colorado Springs side on the weekends like earplug said. It's fishing well. Royal coachman with a slow retrieve on top was killing it a month or so ago, also an olive caddis sitting still on top brought a few to net. And the water is high, really really high. Like 20-30 fee higher compared to last year and the year before.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The road is open from the Colorado Springs side on the weekends like earplug said. It's fishing well. Royal coachman with a slow retrieve on top was killing it a month or so ago, also an olive caddis sitting still on top brought a few to net. And the water is high, really really high. Like 20-30 fee higher compared to last year and the year before.
Thanks! I think it closes for the year soon but if not, I will try and get up there this weekend prior to my hunting trip. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks...may still get up to Rosemont tomorrow, weather permitting...hopefully the heavy rains and potential flooding today don't wipe out the road again!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts