Colorado Fisherman Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Water is highest I've seen it, especially since just 2 years ago it resembled more of a mud puddle than a reservoir! Water is only a few feet below the top of the dam, and the shoreline is now at the footpath that goes around it! Fish were rising to gobble insects on the water surface. Tossed out 1/4 oz Joe's Flies March Brown spinners and was rewarded with a few 10 - 12" rainbows. Tried some gold bladed orange trimmed spinners and caught a 6" rainbow. I saw people using Power Bait and crawlers and reminded them that Rosemont is a lure only reservoir. Nice sunny day with a few overhead clouds, and a slight breeze at time. Rosemont is a beautiful place, but the parking area was full of spent shotgun shells, targets, beer cans and McD bags.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah, I like how you walk past 3 or 4 signs on the way down that say flies and lures only and no dogs. First things I usually see at the lake are bait fishermen with their dogs.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love that place, just wish people would follow the damn rules and not litter so much at the parking area. Seriously it's absurd how nasty that parking area is. I was there on Sunday and we couldn't keep the fish off our rods. Throughout the whole day we never went more than 15 minutes without catching a fish. A few doubles on the day as well. I love how willing those fish are! :)

Thanks for the report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts